Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hey all!! so this was a very very interesting start of the week!! first off I bought a new cell phone!!! it is super nice!! And the instructions are in Japanese of course ha ha.
The next day was my FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!! I can't understand very much at all but i am trying. On my first day of school i had to do 3 speeches! one for the teachers one for my class and one for ALL the grade 2s(grade 2 is my grade which has 16 and 17 year old students). After school i went to my first Rotary meeting in Japan!! And i did yet another speech! ha ha Japanese like speeches i guess! Anyways i met the rest of my host fathers for the year there and they all seem like very very nice men!
After the meeting i went home to clean up and DRESS UP!! My host mom asked a very nice lady if she would help me wear my yukata! It looked so nice!!! We went to see the Owara dances which are very very famous in Japan! I was the only non Asian person there.. SERIOUS! and everyone wanted to take a picture with me! And the Owara dancers themselves came up to talk with me... not that they could say much.. haha.
The next day I went to school and then my host brother took me out for Kareoke!! which is an absolute BLAST! I have to admit that i almost did not try it but i am very glad i did! anyhow.. it is late and i am super sleepy!! OYASUMINASAI!!

1 comment:

Jared Stryker said...

Sounds like you're having a great time! I can't wait to hear more about your school and it's gonna be really interesting once your Japanese improves even more! We'll have to have a conversation :)