Friday, December 19, 2008

Hello!!!


Time for a fresh update now!


First of all it is almost Christmas so.... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!

On to the update. I have been laying low for a while and enjoying my new host family :D I spend a lot of time at home just studying Japanese! I recently took the level 4 Japanese language skill test and I am excited to find out in February if I passed or not. When I am not studying Japanese I like to visit with my host family! Since my Japanese has been gradually getting better all I want to do is talk to people and I think talking is one of the best ways to keep the progression moving!



My birthday was a good day!! My host mom worked so hard making cake for me and all of my friends!! And then after that we went out to Karaoke!!!! And in the Evening I enjoyed a nice dinner with all the Rotary members! They gave me flowers and a cute new outfit!!!!







The day after my birthday my family took me to Nagoya! I spent the first day with my host sister and her boyfriend at an amusement park! We rode sooooo many roller coasters!! The second day we went shopping!! Because it was my birthday, everyone was buying me presents! I want to thank them so much! I loved everything!





Last week I went to Tokyo with my school! It was a great experience! On the first day I went to Uenokouen to see the zoo! Nobody from my class chose the same trip so I had to make new friends! It was fun!!





On the second day we went to make a traditional Japanese craft! It turned out so nice!! And in the afternoon I was reunited with my class to spend the remainder of the day at Tokyo Disneyland!









The final day I talked with my friend the entire way back from Tokyo on the train!! It was a great trip and it really helped me to break the ice!




These are some of my friends from class!!






This is my class teacher! Motoki Sensei

3 comments:

Unknown said...

heyy! Riley, i love all your pictures! and you!
and we will hang out soon!
ganbatte with that little thing of yours ! ;)
heres to many more hangouts in japan!
ブリアナ!

Jared Stryker said...

Cool stuff! Sounds like you're having lots of fun!

Taylor said...

That hippo looks so cute!
Like the house hippo!

Everything in Japan sounds so amazing and cute! Don't you hate it when you realize you arn't in the comfort of your own friends, and get all nervous to hang out with new people only to find that it was all good in the end. I always find new self confidence in the language when I hang out with different people who just expect me to talk in their language and instead of them knowing that I am going to make horrible mistakes.